Pages

Sunday 15 December 2013

My Meaning of Life

I will be honest with you, dear reader.  I do not have a non-religious view of life. I repeat: non-religious. I am a Christian. As a result, my definition of life has something to do with God. Or a lot to do with God actually. Now, another truthful statement I will admit; I am not a “strong” Christian. What I mean is that I don’t necessarily read the Bible. I do not go to church ever Wednesday and Sunday. I did not do Holy Communion. I do not go to my respectable pastor and ask to be repented. I guess you could say I am a weak Christian. I pray though. I pray (almost) every day.  I try to pray for everyone I know; that is the best type of prayer I believe. I know God is real and I try ever so hard to consider him in all that I do. But sometimes I am as filthy and guilty as any other sinner in this world. I speak profanity and think of unrighteous thoughts. The reason I had just admitted my weak spiritual status is that my “religious definition” of life is not that strong either. My definition is simple. My definition is weak. My youth and inexperience with life itself will result in a weak and simple definition anyways. But I am glad I am doing this blog so I can get started on a foundation for my definition of life. When I am older, either my brother’s age or Mr. Tessen’s age, I will have a better definition of life. My definition could change also. I do not know yet.

I believe the reason we are put on this earth to live is to please God. Following that will would allow you to go to heaven to live “happily ever after.” You see, God loves me. And you. Your family. My family. Your ancestors. My ancestors. All of the Americas and Europe and Asia and etcetera.  He really loves you. I know He does. He loves you for your sins and embarrassing moments and for your accomplishments and good deeds. He will love you more than your soul mate and marriage partner. He literally loves you for who you really are. He knew you before you were born, conceived, or even thought of. Isn’t that different? I mean, once you’ve realized that He loves you, then you’d want to please Him in whatever you do. To me, I think of it like pleasing your mom or your dad. (For me, it’s my mom since she’s only parent I really have at the moment.) You love your parents. Do you want to disappoint someone that loves you as much as you love them? Of course not! The only thing you’d feel for the whole day would be pure guilt. You would want to make your parents happy, and you want to be able to have a bond of constant trust, care, and love. You see, once you learn that the “Man Upstairs” undescribably loves you and will welcome you into His mansion with open arms amazes me nonetheless. All you have to say is that you believe in Him.

So like, once you please God, you live a righteous life. A righteous, sinless, and honestly perfect life. One without sorrow or regret. You would be loved even if you did sin, because God has already forgiven you for your past and future sins. You would be taken care of; God will provide anything for you during harsh times. You will have someone to talk to when you are alone. You have someone to protect you from things that you cannot physically control. Also, you have a place to live after you are dead. Like I said, a mansion. You are set for eternity. Isn’t that great???

But being a Christian isn’t easy, just as living life isn’t easy either. There are people who would not like you being a Christian. There would be persecutions and terrible comments thrown at you. There would be events in your life that would cause you to disobey God. You will go through times of pain and frustration. Sometimes God won’t give you the things you pray for. It’ll seem like He isn’t taking care of you; it’ll seem that he would be ignoring you. But there are reasons for anything. There are things that will happen that you will dread to experience, but it is a part of God’s Plan for you. He wants you to grow up. God does not want to baby you, like your parents would not want you to be reliant on them when you’re 30. God wants you to be mature and not think of only yourself. And while you’re doing that, He doesn’t want you to get hurt along the way.



Like I said in the first paragraph, I will think of a better definition of life. I will enhance this one or rewrite a completely different meaning. If you do not agree with what I have just explained, I understand. It took many school years for me to understand Jesus and His Father and His ways. You, reader, will have a different perspective, and I am open to learning about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment