Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2013

If I could bring back one person from the dead, who would he/she be and what would I serve him/her for dinner?

Having mulled over this question for a few minutes, I’ve considered Job, a historical and Biblical figure who has a story of life-changing and struggling experiences make us complainers look pathetic. Although I would look like the most dreadful female alive because of his completely different cultural perspective of women, I hope he would put aside his point of views and share his past experiences and thoughts of how he survived those experiences.

I believe the first question I’d like to ask him is how he enjoys their afterlife. I understand he is in Heaven. Well, at least something like that. If he is told beforehand (before being resuscitated back to life to converse with yours truly) to be discreet about the details of God’s Home, then I’d understand his caution. However, I still want to know! I want to know if he really went to Abraham’s bosom just like Lazarus. I want to know if he saw the golden roads and received his rewarding crowns. I want to hear his description of God and Jesus. I want to know how it felt after taking that last breathe and closing your eyes forever.

I’d like to hear his side of the story of when all his wealth and family were taken away from him. I want to ask why he truly continued trusting God. For those who do not know Job’s story, it can be plainly put that Job suffered. Yes, this man suffered in every way possible. This wealthy, pious, and innocent man lost his wealth of livestock and property was taken away by bandits or destroyed by natural disasters. His children were killed. He was plagued with excruciatingly painful sores that covered his entire body. This was purposely to prove how much faith he had in God. Yes, it is an unusual way to prove such an emotion, but that is what Satan does. Satan wanted to disprove God’s servant because he likes to be naughty. Sorry, Satan. You lost that challenge. Throughout all those struggles, Job’s faith did not falter. He did mourn and suffer every day, but his love for God grew even more. He knew God will provide his wealth and health to its utmost normalcy. I really want to know Job’s secret in that.

I do have my temptations and stressful moments, but they are not as severe as Job’s struggles. I’d want to talk to Job personally. Get some advice from this wise and experienced man. It’ll be great to walk with him down a park and show him the earth and its people had changed. He’d be shocked for sure! We could compare the past and present, his culture and my culture, and his life and my life to be. I'd ask him about God again. I'm very curious about Him. 





And for dinner, I’d ask him what his favorite dish. I’ll have it specially and perfectly prepared in his honor. Even if it would be something I would not want to eat, I’ll pretend I enjoy it and continue to listen to all the knowledge he would willingly share. It’ll be a fascinating experience to dine with his hero! I do hope it is not something raw… I won’t have fun eating that!




No comments:

Post a Comment