Pages

Friday 23 August 2013

My Favorite Trip

Last last summer of 2011, I went to Washington D.C. for a week with my mom, sister, and the Pellegrinos, my next immediate family (my grandpa and his three awesome children). Even though the trip was quick, it was an amazing and blessed experience. I went to the White House and the House of Representative, visited beautiful museums and the capital's monuments, and had super fast wifi in the hotel lobby. We stayed in a hotel for week, and after four days of stay, I did not want to leave. I loved the family experience as a whole and miss the beautiful capital.




Last summer of 2012, I went to Japan with my friend Masami and her mom to live with them in their apartment near Tokyo for three and a half weeks. (It was supposed to be me, Masami, and Savannah, but complications came up.) I visited my mom's cousins family in Yokohama and had loads of fun eating out with them, visiting the coast guard ship and shows, and taking care of their three highly actice children. The food was amaaaazing. I miss riding on the train, but I don't miss rush hour. I enjoyed my time with Masami. I don't know about her but I actually had fun with her.


Tokyo Sky Tree

This summer of 2013, I went to New England (Mass and New Hampshire) to visit my grandparents for three weeks in July. One thing for sure, I miss them sooooo much. I had not seen them in seven years; the last time I had saw them was during my brother's college graduation, and I was only nine. My mom, sister, and I stayed in their 19th century one bathroom, two bedroom, one story floor home. They are old; both are nearly 80 years old. But they really know how to have fun! I learned the history and seen many of the first few buildings and churches and plazas that were among the first of America's cities. We stayed in the city of Bedford; it was peaceful and decorated with a lot of green, just like Saipan. It's an old town also (consider the picture and its date of birth of 1729.) Every step we took in Lexington and Concord was laden with the history of battles. The trip to the states was very tiring, but I'd do it in a heart beat if anything bad happens to my grandparents or if I ever get the chance to see them again.



So which one is my favorite? Tough decision. I experienced a trip and a city that not all Saipan residents can witness. I had to be independent while in Japan because all I had was my friend and her non-English speaking mother in a fairly non-English speaking country. Visiting family halfway across the world was a feat and spending time with my loving grandparents was satisfaction to my heart. However, I do not have a favorite trip, but favorite trips. They will forever be in my heart: the streets I walked upon; the people I had passed; the smell of the less humid air; the various, colorful flora; the excitement I'd experience when seeing a squirrel scamper to a nearby tree; the lonliess of being in a foreign city; the smiles upon my grandparent's face the first time I had seen them in years; the overwhelming sight of the Burlington Mall in Massachusetts; and the sigh of relief when you step foot back on Saipan.

Every trip has a starting point and a finish line. I'm still waiting for the best trip I will ever embark and finish. Perhaps it's when I go off to college. Or when my spirit ascends to heaven. Only time and my decisions will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment