Pages

Saturday 31 August 2013

My Favorite SuperHero

My favorite superhero is not as classical as Batman or Captain America. But as I make up my mind for this prompt, my favorite superhero is the Marvel Comic Iron Man. Yes, the famous Tony Stark. I most especially love this superhero because it's being played by Robert Downey, Jr.



The movie sequence Iron Man started with its first movie airing in 2008.The next three movies aired in 2010 and this year in 2013. The comics Invincible Iron Man were published around the 90s, so it really isn't that old of a story. Although I'll be honest I have never read the comics (I'm not the comic type; I'm a different type of nerd), I have been an avid supporter of the Iron Man movies. My favorite is Iron Man 3. The plot was laid out beautifully, and the fact they made Paltrow a significant character in this movie this time got me showing two thumbs up.

The Iron Man series teach its readers lessons of cruelty and war and love while fascinating the audience with highly advanced technology of shiny floating holograms, robotic assistants, and deadly weapons. Although Stark seems to be a hot head - in which he is, watch the Avengers movie and you'll notice that he really is a jerk, instead of your usual fascination of him being the main character- he is a practical and responsible figure. He literally is the sharpest tool in the shed. Also, like every human being, he has a soft spot.For his work, his suit, and his love. He doesn't entirely have a heart to begin with though. In the comics, the suit is in his bones. However, the comics writers included the hero's weaknesses and personal conflict as a dramatic and cliched effect.



This man does not possess bizarre powers like Green Lantern or Spider Man. He is human. A human running on an electric heart technically. He is a very smart human also. His wit coincides with his sarcastic, intellectual vocabulary. That is what amuses me the most. I enjoy sarcasm. Wait. I rephrase that. I enjoy worth-while sarcasm.The type of sarcasm that intrigues you in its intelligence while you're laughing your arse off. I can't help but say he is good looking too, being the ladies' (gentle)man the writers actually intended to create. He has the smarts, the lingo, the looks, and the heart. This superhero has the whole package. He can be able to detonate a bomb faster than Superman could.



No comments:

Post a Comment